Friday, April 02, 2010

Barmouth Attempt 2

As I promised here is a nice blog for the wonderful week in Barmouth Wales. It is my second time to visit this place and my last in these cold and wet days. If I return here I hope the sun is shining and the wind is on the low. Apart from the weather, Barmouth is a great place.

I didn't take any photo's myself but I decided to steal some of my friends who were with me. Thanks to them for their photos.

The train journey was packed up with card playing and some wonderful Shrewsbury changing. Once we made it to Barmouth it was all heads up towards the camp site. The memories flooding back of that loooong walk from the town to the Camp. When we got there it took me a moment to remember how to get in. Finally we made it and went to reception. It was a fairly reasonable price at £8 per night per person. Setting up camp was fun, at first the guy wanted to put us up in a high field, but we convinced him that it would be hard for us to walk from there all the time. So he put us on one of the low fields on our own, just 5 seconds from the shower and toilet blocks, which was helpful!

Setting up was fun, we all had our tents out and ready to set up. Once that was done we enjoyed the fact that we had a few days of outdoor fun!

We got some sausages, snacks, alcohol, the usual... from the village, and relaxed for the night, in the rain ofc, as rain was a big factor in this wonderful trip. After a few hours of rain I realised that my tent (£10 from Asda) didn't like the rain and allowed some to enter inside. (Fun). I wasn't too bothered, as I expected it to be a 'not so very good tent'. That night was cold. I wrapped up really well and actually got an ok nights sleep.

We ate sausages on the barbecue, they were nice! The shower was HOT. And it needed to be to make up for the fridge tent.

Second night was colder. - Cards in one tent then sleeping in my own. Well, sort of sleeping.

Third night was colder still. That was the night when hail hit us and the mountains collected snow. It was difficult to sleep although, the time we had before we went to sleep was amazing! We all stayed in one of the tents and basically had a laugh. And I mean none stop laughing.

Travelling back was hard work. Well for the second half anyway. The first half, to Shrewsbury I slept all the way. Then there was a delay on the train from there to Manchester. We got on the delayed train that decided to terminate in Crewe, so we had to get another train from there home. Fun journey.

All in all I had an amazing time in Barmouth with some great friends. The weather may have been cold and wet but it didn't stop us from having a top time. Thanks to everyone that was there, and I hope you enjoyed it too!

Aaron, x

0 comments: